Monday 22 November 2010

WEEK 3 – w/c 27/09/10

This week i have returned from my IT work experience, since returning i have realized that me and my partners have a lot of different ideas about what the teaser trailer should entail, my partners wanted the trailer just to be urban in terms of scenery with a small segment relating to hood life while i wanted the film trailer to have these hood aspects to be the centralized theme with the horror aspect taking over. So somehow we had to get around this problem, i did this by researching myself and i discovered that there are some films that have more than one trailer e.g. Friday the 13th (2009).
(production: writing and shooting & presentation session)
Friday the 13th Trailer 1

Friday the 13th Trailer 2
This is done for a variety of reasons such as there being a American and a British version or there being a trailer coming out and another trailer coming out closer to the date of the movie's release. After discussing it over with my partners we decided that their trailer would be the one that comes out in the UK and mine would be the one to be shown in the US. So i decided to research more into it and i realized that American trailers have a particular difference from British trailers which is the green preview screen shown below which only appears in American teaser trailers.
This where the age rating given by the MPAA (Motion Picture Association Of America) is displayed as to allow American viewers to know right off the bat if they should allow their children to watch it.

New Entry: After i put this image into my teaser trailer and showed it to one of my tutors he advised me that i should not use it because it is not something that i created or edited to make my own, to get over this problem i decided to edit the image in Photoshop by giving it my own rating. Instead of R for Restricted i changed it into T for Traumatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment