Friday 25 February 2011

WEEK 16 – w/c 17/01/11 (Ancillary 1 Submission)

This week i submitted my 1st Ancillary Task draft, i showed my college colleuges the movie poster that i created with the minor changes that i made this week based on asking people to view my poster and tell me what they believe is missing from it. When i showed my poster to the rest of the class i recieved some constructive critisism about some of the comments on the poster among other things, an example of this is:

On my poster wrote a coming soon comment under the tagline similar to that of the one used in the film poster for Boyz N The Hood. I tried to put a London style slang twist on "Coming soon to a hood near you" by making it "Rollin' Thru ure Endz Real Soon".

However when i showed this to my classmates it was evident that it was poorly recieved and therefor gave me some insight on what i need to do for my final Ancillary product. Other relevant comments made pretaining to my movie poster are:
  • I should take away the line at the top of the poster because i am not supposed to use names of films i have not gotten premission to use.
  • I also do not have premission to use the logos of other production companies
  • The credits text does not look like it was professionally done like in the real movie posters, the text should be narrow and thin in terms of weight so that you can just about read it when squinting.

No comments:

Post a Comment