Monday 13 December 2010

WEEK 13 – w/c 13/12/10 (Ancillary 1)

This week I have started working on my 1st Ancillary project which is a promotional poster for the film that me and my partners are making a teaser trailer for.

To start off I am going to research promotional posters relevant to my genre and analysee them.



From examing these posters among others that relate to my movie trailer's genre i noticed a few common aspects between them which are as follows:
  • They usually have a centrepiece picture of the main protagonist/antagonist of the film.
  • The subject of the picture is usually posed in an intimidating posture.
  • There is enough lighting in the picture to bring out the shadows and makes the subject look more like a sillhouette.
  • These pictures almost have a mistly/smokey look to them.
  • The important text for the horror/slasher movie posters e.g. the title, release date are often coloured red which has strong connotations to blood which is to be expected in the film.
  • I also noticed that most of the posters (not just horror movie posters) have a common layout of the credits text being centred at the bottom with the title and tagline just above it and miscellaneous items at the far bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment